HOME SELLING PROCESS
1. Getting Started
The first time we meet, we will discuss what your selling objectives are. This is a good time to ask questions, and I will give you an idea of what to expect during the selling process. We will discuss preliminary ideas for pricing and house preparations. As a follow up to this meeting, I will provide you with a complete Comparative Marketing Analysis (CMA) for your property. Contact me at (415) 298.9171 for a free market analysis for your property. Things to consider:
- Why are you interested in selling? (Do you have a change of lifestyle or changing family needs like kids and schools, or in-laws, or downsizing? Do you need to exchange a property? Is it too costly to maintain? Is it a family property that is part of an estate?)
- What is your timing?
- Do you need help finding a new home?
- What is the condition of your property? - - - Age and condition, size and configuration, ease of living, style/design, location, features/amenities. Have you made recent up-dates?
- Do you know the tax ramifications of selling your home?
2. You’re Ready To Sell Your Home
Once you decide you are ready, we will review and sign a standard Listing Agreement. We will also complete all of the mandatory disclosure forms. I will arrange for any necessary inspections.
“The effects of lighting, open spaces, neat interiors, and manicured landscaping can dramatically impact the sale of your property.”
3. Preparing Your Home / Property
Before putting your home on the market, we want to ensure it is most attractive to potential buyers. Knowing how to showcase and accentuate the best features of your home, without incurring unnecessary expense, is at the core of what we will do. I will provide you with a detailed Home Preparation Consultation and a Selling Tips Sheet. As we walk through your property, we will discuss minor repairs, curb appeal tips, staging, and making your property feel welcoming to potential buyers. If staging is necessary, I will share some options based on your property. We will formulate a timeline of next steps. Things to consider:
- Using a professional stager can maximize the selling price and expedite the sale of your property. I have a list of preferred stagers that I work with all the time. They offer competitive programs that deliver excellent results. I will share these options with you.
- If needed, I will help you visualize small upgrades for your property that will make it more suitable for sale, and boost the selling price.
- I work with professionals such as painters, flooring contractors, etc… I am happy to help you manage house preparations with vendors or provide resource information.
4. Determining List Price
”Pricing your home competitively, at the start, will create more activity among brokers and buyers and lead to a more successful sale.”
Establishing the value and list price for your property involves researching and comparing similar properties and weighing factors including location, condition, amenities, and market conditions. We will arrive at a competitive price aimed at generating strong buyer activity. Things to consider:
- Overpricing your home will attract fewer brokers and potential buyers and may cause it to sit on the market for longer than desired. It is important to realize that once your home has been prepared for marketing at the maximum level, price becomes the last and critical factor in successfully marketing the property.
- Consider if you are able or interested in offering seller financing to a potential buyer.
5. Marketing Your Home
Understanding where buyers come from allows me to market your property competitively. Creating excitement in the marketplace through consistent and aggressive marketing efforts and integrating online and offline efforts is key to a successful sale. My maximum exposure marketing plan (at a high-level) includes: Comprehensive Internet marketing; open houses & brokers tours, yard signage, and property feature sheet; proprietary rapid response system; Paragon and agent brand advertising and recognition; local newspaper ads; sales agent network; and customized property marketing.
Click to view more about my Distinctive Marketing. During the marketing period of the sale, you will see many marketing elements in place, and I will be continuously monitoring feedback and results.
6. Processing The Sale & Closing
The complexities of processing transactional documents will be made very easy for you through my continuous guidance and communication. The three key parts of the sale process are: Negotiating offers and acceptance; negotiating escrow; and after escrow support and follow-up. The details within each of the parts vary slightly with each sale. Things to consider:
- Sellers (& buyers) need to be very available during the negotiation process given short turn around times.
- Do you need the names of reputable cleaning services and/or moving companies to get estimates to facilitate your move?
Congratulations, you have now sold your home! I will provide you with a helpful moving out checklist and also be there to answer any questions. I am available to help you with additional RESOURCES and other real estate needs. I will check back in with you from time to time, and please contact me with any questions.